Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Crochet Your Own Thongs!!

Okay so after my thong history lesson I decided to crochet some thongs for myself and see how My Love likes them. I searched the internet and was surprised to see such a huge collection of different crochet thong patterns. I went ahead and decided to attempt to try making the basic shape without a pattern. It only took me about 30 minutes and this is what the finished product looked like.

I was pleased for the most part. Now I am ready to try one of those cute lacy crochet thong patterns. I found two different ones on Crochetology.net they have free instructions for a lacy tanga style thong and a sexy Brazilian style thong. These styles are for a more intermediate to advanced crocheter. If you are a beginner there are some thong patterns available for purchase. I found one on Craftsy.com by Popelka from Czech Republic (people crochet thongs all over the world!!) . There is also a huge variety on Etsy,  but this one I found looks very easy (sexy crochet thong epattern) . For $5 why not give it a try, right??

So, I decided to give the one on Crochetology.net a whirl. It starts with an octagon motif pattern. Since I was using a larger hook than it calls for (I used a 2.75mm hook) and size 3 crochet thread, I made a hexagon motif. It looked like this when I finished.


I made four hexagons; three for the front and one for the back. I then connected the three front hexagons using single crochet stitch. Then to make the main body of the front and crotch section I attached yarn to bottom edge of first hexagon close to the center of the motif and single crocheted 34 sts. I then turned my work ch2 and double crocheted across, decreasing one sts at each end for 14 rows. I worked the remaining sts for 10 rows and connected my 4th hexagon motif to the end. I added 4 side ties and taaaahh dahhh!! I had a finished thong!!
 I am sorry I am no expert at pattern writing but my hopes are to help inspire you and to improve on my pattern writing skills in the process. Thanks for reading!!

No comments: