Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 4 of Crochet Business Blogging-My Code of Ethics

I was a bit stumped by this writing prompt because I had never really thought that crochet business run from home would have a "Code of Ethics". As I did some research I could understand having this in place not only for yourself as a business owner but for your customers too. They need to know if they have a problem how it will be handled by you, how you handle day to day tasks with customers, vendors etc., and how you communicate. By knowing this information they can decide to support your business based on your code of ethics alone.

These things are important to me as a crochet business owner and blogger:

TRUST/LOYALTY- I know that offering honest information about anything I am selling, offering or selling will ensure gained trust from my customers/readers. Over continued time of being honest these same people will become loyal customers and readers. This principle is something I hold dear to in personal relationships and I believe they should be upheld in business relationships as well.

INTEGRITY- I will exhibit consistency in my business practices, whether it be products, services, or information shared, my actions will reflect my values shared in my code of ethics.

RESPECT/FAIRNESS- I will be respectful to others in business and respectful to customers/ readers. I will honor opinions/contributions of others and embrace responsibility of my actions in order to be respectful. I will be fair and just in my decision-making concerning all business practices.


As I was creating this code of ethics I saw that this is the way I as a consumer, chose the businesses I frequent. These is not only my code in business but my code in life too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post. I think posting my "Code of Ethics" will be a good thing to add to my site. Thanks for the idea.