Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 6 of Crochet Business Blogging -What about me=Business Success

I stared at this blank page for at least 20 minutes....
I have said for the past 5 years that I was "business LD" meaning when it came to business I had the slightest idea how or what to do. I am no longer going to say that!! I do have certain strengths and qualities that will help me succeed in crochet business!! I do accept that I will need to ask for help in the areas where I am weaker like marketing (ugh).

*I have a degree in Fashion Design which helps me a lot in designing and constructing crochet garments.

*I have spent several years of employment in retail management. I know this will be helpful to me because I have had to deal with customers a lot and some customers who weren't always happy. Knowing how to deal with customer service issues is sooo very important! As a consumer I have been turned off by businesses that had horrible customer service.

*I am a good writer. This will serve me very well as I continue on this journey as a crochet blogger and in my crochet business as a whole when I start writing my own crochet patterns.

*I am a good teacher. I have taught several crochet and knitting classes with great success. This is something I hope to do more of this coming year in my crochet business.

*I am creative. I do everything creatively. From crocheting to writing to problem solving. I am knowledgeable about many things but I rarely use my knowledge in a "logical" way. I am very creative thinking and I always view things "outside the box".

When I read over this list it in no way screams entrepreneur, but I will utilize all my strengths to the maximum of their potential in order to make this work!

SHINE ON!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tangela, you are definitely prepared for your crochet business as far as education and retail history. Customer service is number one when you're dealing with people.
yes, some of us need help with the whole marketing thing. That's the good thing about being in business for yourself, you can outsource the stuff you aren't so good at.

The key is to not let that stuff get in the way - know that eventually you'll have the funds to hire some work out (marketer) which will leave you more time to design and give your customers the attention they deserve. Thank you for sharing.

(I hate when I look at the page and nothing comes.ugh)

Michelle said...

You do posses the skills it takes to be successful. I'm very impressed.

Unknown said...

You have the perfect skill set to explode!!
I say go on and do your thang girl!!